Volunteering at SACAT
SACAT is supported by a dedicated team of volunteers from a range of backgrounds who assist our users.
Volunteer responsibilities include:
- meeting and greeting members of the community
- Providing information to users about SACAT's facilities
- directing users around the premises
- assisting with making tea and coffee (Collinswood location only).
The SACAT volunteer service is planned to operate throughout our opening hours at both locations (in the Adelaide CBD and at Collinswood) and provides a crucial support for users.
If you are interested in being a SACAT volunteer, you should:
- be prepared to offer your time for at least one morning (9am-1pm) or one afternoon per month (1-5pm)
- be able to commit to a rostered time each month
- complete the expression of interest form (below)
- be willing to undertake a Police Check.
People who are successful as volunteers with SACAT generally have:
- a friendly disposition and good ‘people’ skills
- strong communication and listening skills
- the ability to relate to people of any age, social or cultural background.
SACAT volunteer expression of interest form