SACAT can make decisions under the Partnership Act 1891

SACAT can grant or refuse permission for a person convicted of certain offences to carry on a business as a general partner.

There is no time limit for applications of this kind.

Applying to SACAT

Before applying to SACAT for a decision under the Partnership Act 1891 you must you must give the Corporate Affairs Commission (Consumer and Business Service) at least 28 days’ notice of your application.

  1. Start an online application
  2. In the keyword field in Step 2, type the word ‘partnerships’ as shown below and then scroll down to select the correct application type.

If you are not sure if you have selected the correct application type you can hover over the ‘question mark’ on the right-hand side to see a brief description of the application you have selected.

There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.

Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.

Current fees and information about payment methods and fee waiver options

Apply to SACAT

All applications to SACAT are made online. You can use a computer, tablet or smart phone.

Apply now

You can also submit applications over the phone with the help of a community access officer.

Call 1800 723 767 during business hours.