SACAT can make a declaration that, on a certain date, persons are putative spouses for the purposes of the Police Superannuation Act 1990, the Southern State Superannuation Act 2009 or the Superannuation Act 1998.
A declaration may be made where you have been:
- cohabiting with the other person de facto and have continuously lived together for the previous three years, or during the previous four years have lived with the other person for at least three years,
- cohabiting with the other person de facto and have a child together,
- in a registered relationship, by providing a certificate issued by the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
- Start an online application
- In the keyword field in Step 2, type the word ‘superannuation’ as shown below and then scroll down to select the correct application type.
If you are not sure you have selected the correct application type, hover over the ‘question mark’ on the right-hand side to see a brief description.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.