Land Valuation Act
SACAT reviews valuations of land made by the Valuer-General or by a council. Upon review, SACAT will consider the valuation of the land afresh, and will make the correct or preferable decision upon what the value should be.
- confirm the valuation
- decrease the valuation
- increase the valuation.
SACAT deals with applications from:
- owners and occupiers of land dissatisfied with a valuation made by the Valuer-General or a council, where the applicant is seeking an order from SACAT that the valuation of the land should be be reduced
- from the Valuer-General or a council, against a decision of a review valuer, where the Valuer-General or the council is seeking an order from SACAT that the valuation of the land should be increased.
SACAT does not:
- make orders that the amount of council rates, land tax, SA Water charges, or Emergency Services Levy should be reduced or that you receive a refund in respect to these charges.
Before applying to SACAT for a review of a land valuation decision, you must:
- make sure that the time limit for a review of your valuation has not passed
- make sure you have a copy of the notice of the valuation decision you want to challenge.
Organisations that may be able to assist you in land valuation reviews:
- State Valuation Office
Click here to see a list of current fees and information about payment methods, concessions and fee waivers.
The filing fee to submit a review with SACAT relating to land valuation decision increases if you are a prescribed corporation. A prescribed corporation does not include a not-for-profit organisation, or a business that has less than 20 full-time equivalent employees and is not subsidiary of a corporation that has 20 or more full-time employees.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the online form.
If you have any further questions please call SACAT on 1800 723 767 (menu option 4 then option 5 - for reviews of Government Decision)."