You can lodge a complaint, compliment or provide feedback about:
- the conduct or quality of the service you have received from our staff or Tribunal Members
- our processes or procedures
- our services.
We cannot respond to complaints about:
- a decision or order made by a Tribunal Member
- errors or mistakes in decisions, or other legal grounds
- matters that are outside our responsibilities, such as government policy or legislation.
Complaints about a proceeding or a decision
We cannot address complaints about the outcome of a hearing or SACAT decisions, or where you have the right to an administrative review or appeal or other form of legal redress.
If you believe a decision is wrong on a question of law - or the proceedings were not fair - you may be able to apply to have the decision reviewed within SACAT (called an internal review).
You can also contact the Judicial Conduct Commissioner.
The Commissioner is an independent statutory officer who receives and deals with complaints made about the conduct of serving judges, magistrates and other judicial officers including SACAT's President. (SACAT's senior and ordinary members are not judicial officers)
You can submit feedback to SACAT:
- via our online feedback form
- by email – email@example.com
- by phone - 1800 723 767
- in person – at a SACAT premises
- by post:
GPO Box 2361, Adelaide SA 5001
We will acknowledge complaints within 3 working days, and aim to respond within 21 calendar days of receipt.