We help people in South Australia resolve issues within specific areas of law – either through agreement at a conference, conciliation or mediation, or through a decision of the Tribunal at a formal hearing.
What we can do
- treat you with respect, courtesy and professionalism
- provide you with information on how SACAT works, our processes, fees and processing timeframes
- help you complete our electronic forms
- provide a fair and impartial hearing
- deliver timely decisions in language that is easy to understand
- be flexible in how we communicate with you.
What we cannot do
- tell you what words to use in your application
- give you legal advice about your case
- advise you what to say in your hearing
- provide an opinion on the merits or likelihood of the outcome in your case or dispute
- speak to a Tribunal Member on your behalf
- take any action that will compromise our impartiality.
We value the individuality, needs, rights and dignity of all persons and treat each other and Tribunal users with professionalism.
- we are inclusive and considerate
- we communicate courteously and politely
- we actively listen without judgement
- we embrace diversity and individuality
- we treat others as we would want to be treated
- we collaborate within and across Tribunal, valuing everyone’s contribution.
We provide professional, efficient and accessible dispute resolution and decision-making to achieve just outcomes for the community.
- we are responsive and proactive
- we communicate simply and clearly so people can understand
- we listen
- we value feedback
- we are efficient, helpful and informative
- we create a positive work environment
- we work well with others.
We listen with an open mind and consider issues in a balanced and impartial way to provide fair outcomes that are clearly explained,.
- we consider all relevant contribution to reach appropriate outcomes
- we encourage participation
- we treat others equitably
- we ensure that communication is open and two-way.