Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review adoption decisions made by the Chief Executive, Department for Child Protection, including:
- any decision relating to the registration of a person in the Adoptive Persons Register
- any decision to remove the name of a person from the register of persons who has been approved as suitable persons to adopt children.
Applying for a review
Generally, an application for review of a decision must be lodged within 30 days from the date of receipt of notice of the decision.
Before applying to SACAT for a review of a decision by the Chief Executive, Department for Child Protection you must:
- have a copy of the decision which you want to challenge – you should include this with your application
- ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application.
1. Start an online application
2. In the keyword field within Step 2 type the word ‘Adoption’ as shown below and then scroll down to select the correct application type.
If you are not sure you have selected the correct application type, hover over the ‘question mark’ on the right-hand side to see a brief description.
3. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- post the decision to us at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.