SACAT can review certain decisions made under the Boxing and Martial Arts Act 2000.
Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review decisions made by the Minister for Recreation, Sport and Racing, including:
- granting or not granting a licence to a promoter of a professional or public boxing or martial art event
- attaching particular conditions, or varying or revoking conditions to a licence
- suspending or cancelling a licence
- registering or not registering a contestant in a professional or public boxing or martial art event
- suspending or cancelling the registration of a contestant.
Applying for a review
An application for review must be lodged within 1 month of the Minister's decision.
If the Minister's reasons are not given to the applicant in writing at the time of making the decision and that person (within one month of the making of the decision) requires the Minister to state the reasons in writing, the time for instituting an appeal runs from the time at which that person receives the written statement of those reasons.
Before applying to SACAT for a review of a decision by the Minister you must:
- have a copy of the decision which you want to challenge – you should include this with your application
- ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application.
1. Start an online application
2. In the keyword field in Step 2 type the word ‘Boxing’ as shown below and then scroll down to select the correct application type.
If you are not sure you have selected the correct application type, hover over the ‘question mark’ on the right-hand side to see a brief description.
3. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at email@example.com
- post the decision to us at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.