SACAT can review certain decisions made under the Crown Land Management Act 2009.
Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review the following decisions made by the Minister for Environment and Water to:
- determine the current market rent applicable in relation to the lease of Crown land
- determine the market value of any improvements made to Crown land subject to lease
- acquire a property compulsorily
- refuse to consent to the grant of a lease to a person made by a person other than the Minister
- determine to cancel a lease
- determine to resume land subject to a lease
- determine to impose conditions on a new lease
- issue a remediation notice
- require a financial assurance to be lodged with the Minister
- require the removal of property or fixtures.
SACAT can also review decisions made by the Valuer-General:
- regarding a determination as to the market rent applicable in relation to the lease of Crown land made on review
- determining the market value of any improvements made to Crown land subject to lease made on review.
Applying for a review
Generally, an application for review of a decision must be lodged within 21 days from the date of receipt of notice of the decision.
Before applying to SACAT for a review of a decision you must:
- have a copy of the decision which you want to challenge – you should include this with your application
- ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application.
1. Start an online application
2. In the keyword field in Step 2 type the words ‘Crown Land’ as shown below and then scroll down to select the correct application type.
3. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at email@example.com
- post the decision to us at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.