SACAT can review certain decisions made under the Emergency Services Funding Act 1998.
Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review the following decisions of the Treasurer regarding:
- classification of a vehicle
- an objection made to the Valuer-General attributing a land use for the purposes of the emergency services funding levy.
SACAT can also review decisions of the Commissioner of State Taxation regarding:
- aggregation of non-contiguous land
- alteration of the assessment book.
Applying for a review
Generally, an application for review of a decision must be lodged:
- within 21 days from the date the decision was issued
- within 28 days from the date the Commissioner's decision regarding aggregation of non-contiguous land was made
In special circumstances, the Tribunal may permit you to make an application after this time.
Before applying to SACAT for a review of an Emergency Services Funding decision you must:
- have a copy of the decision which you want to challenge – you should include this with your application
- ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application.
1. Start an online application
2. In the keyword field in Step 2 type the word ‘Emergency’ as shown below and scroll down to select the correct application type.
If you are not sure you have selected the correct application type, you can hover over the ‘question mark’ on the right-hand side to see a brief description.
3. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- post the decision to us at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.