SACAT can review certain decisions made under First Home and Housing Construction Grants Act 2000.
Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review decisions made by the Treasurer in relation to :
- a first home owner grant
- a housing construction grant
- a seniors housing grant.
You must lodge a written notice of objection with the Treasurer before coming to SACAT.
SACAT cannot hear a review under the Act until the Treasurer has determined an objection.
Applying for a review
An application for review of a decision must be lodged within 60 days after the notice of the decision on the objection is given.
SACAT has the power to allow applications to be filed after the 60 day time limit if it is appropriate.
Before applying to SACAT for a review of a decision you must:
- have a copy of the decision which you want to challenge – you should include this with your application
- ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application
- make sure the time limit for a review of the decision has not passed. If it has, you should include an application to extend the time to file your application.
1. Start an online application
2. In the keyword field within Step 2 type the word ‘first home’ as shown below and then scroll down to select the correct application type.
3. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- post the decision to us at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.