Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review decisions of the Chief Executive of the Department of Primary Industries and Regions to:
- grant or refuse an industrial hemp licence
- impose a term or condition on a licence or vary, suspend or revoke a term or condition of an industrial hemp licence
- renew a licence or refuse to renew an industrial hemp licence
- suspend or cancel an industrial hemp licence.
Applying for a review
An application for review must be lodged within 1 month of the relevant decision of the Chief Executive.
Before applying to SACAT for a review of a decision, you must:
- have a copy of the decision which you want to challenge – you should include this with your application.
- ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application.
- Start an online application.
- In the keyword field type the words 'industrial hemp' as shown below.
- Scroll down to select the correct application type as per step 3. If you are not sure you have selected the correct application type, you can hover over the ‘question mark’ on the right-hand side to see a brief description.
4. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- post the decision to us at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.