SACAT can review certain decisions made under the Motor Vehicle Accidents (Lifetime Support Scheme) Act 2013
Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review the following decisions made by the Lifetime Support Authority:
- a determination of a review officer of the Lifetime Support Authority
- a determination of an expert review panel reviewing a decision of the Lifetime Support Authority that a person is ineligible or does not qualify to participate in the scheme.
Applying for a review
Before coming to SACAT you must first take your dispute to the Lifetime Support Authority to be reviewed by an internal review officer or an external expert review panel.
An application for review must be made within 28 days of the Review Officer or Expert Review Panel making the determination.
Before applying to SACAT for a review of a decision by you must:
- have a copy of the decision which you want to challenge – you should include this with your application
- ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application.
1. Start an online application
2. In the keyword field type the words ‘motor vehicle accident’ as shown below and then scroll down to select the correct application type.
3. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- post the decision to us at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.