SACAT can review certain decisions made under the Plumbers, Gas Fitters and Electricians Act 1995.
Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review the following decisions made by the Commissioner for Consumer Affairs:
- refusing an application for a plumbing, gas fitting or electrical contractor's licence
- refusing an application for a plumbing, gas fitting or electrical workers registration
- suspending or imposing conditions on a licence or registration in urgent circumstances
- cancelling, suspending or imposing conditions on a licence or registration.
Applying for a review
Generally, an application for review of a decision must be lodged within 1 month of the determination.
Before applying to SACAT for a review of a decision you must:
- have a copy of the decision which you want to challenge – you should include this with your application
- ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application.
1. Start an online application.
2. In the keyword field type the word ‘plumbing’ as shown below.
3. Scroll down to select the correct application type as per step 3. If you are not sure you have selected the correct application type, you can hover over the ‘question mark’ on the right-hand side to see a brief description.
4. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at email@example.com
- post the decision to us at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.
Current fees and information about payment methods and fee waiver options
I need more help
If you have further questions call SACAT on 1800 723 767 (menu option 4 then option 6).
A staff member from SACAT can also help you complete your application over the phone.
SACAT also hears and determines disciplinary action related to plumbers, gas fitters and electricians.