SACAT can review certain decisions made under the Primary Produce (Food Safety Schemes) Act 2004
Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review the following decisions made by the Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Development:
- decisions regarding a person's accreditation to engage in activities to which a food safety scheme applies
- decisions regarding the issuing of compliance orders.
Applying for a review
Generally, an application for review of a decision must be lodged within 28 days from the date the decision was issued.
Before applying to SACAT for a review of a decision you must:
- have a copy of the decision which you want to challenge – you should include this with your application
- ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application.
1. Start an online application
2. In the keyword field type the words ‘primary produce’ and scroll down to select the correct application type.
If you are not sure you have selected the correct application type, you can hover over the ‘question mark’ on the right-hand side to see a brief description.
3. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at email@example.com
- post the decision to us at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.