SACAT can review certain decisions made under the Real Property Act 1886.
Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review the following decisions made by the Registrar-General about:
- Priority Notices
- recording - or not recording - an instrument on title to land
- an application for a foreclosure order
- an application by a person to have the Registrar-General do, or perform, an act or duty under the Real Property Act 1886.
SACAT does not:
- automatically suspend the decision of the Registrar-General
- automatically suspend the operation of a Priority Notice or reinstate a Priority Notice.
Applying for a review
Generally, an application for review of a decision must be lodged within 21 days after receiving notice of the relevant decision.
Before applying to SACAT for a review of a decision you must:
- have a copy of the decision which you want to challenge – you should include this with your application
- ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application
- check that the time limit to apply has not passed.
1. Start an online application.
2. In the keyword field type the words ‘real property act’ as shown below.
3. Scroll down to select the correct application type as per step 3. If you are not sure you have selected the correct application type, you can hover over the ‘question mark’ on the right-hand side to see a brief description.
4. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at email@example.com
- post the decision to us at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.
Current fees and information about payment methods and fee waiver options
I need more help
If you have further questions call SACAT on 1800 723 767 (menu option 4 then option 5 - for reviews of government decisions).
A staff member from SACAT can also help you complete your application over the phone.