SACAT can review certain decisions about Restrictive Practices made under the Disability Inclusion Act 2018.
Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review the following decisions made by the Senior Authorising Officer under the Restrictive Practices Authorisation Scheme (NDIS):
- a decision about the authorisation of a nominated person to be an Authorised Program Officer, including any conditions or limitations on that authorisation
- a decision about the authorisation of Level 1 and 2 restrictive practices
- a decision about the revocation of authorisation to use restrictive practices
- a decision in the review of a decision of an Authorised Program Officer or NDIS service provider.
Applying for a review
An application for review of a reviewable decision may be made to the South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal within 30 days after the applicant receives notice of the relevant decision (or such longer period as the Tribunal may allow).
SACAT cannot review decisions of an Authorised Program Officer or NDIS service provider. Before applying to SACAT, you must apply to the Senior Authorising Officer for an internal review of that decision.
When applying to SACAT you must:
- Have a copy of the decision which you want to review – you should include this with your application.
- Ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application.
- Start an online application.
- In keyword field in Step 2 type the word ‘Restrictive’ as shown below.
- Scroll down to select the correct application type as per step 3. If you are not sure you have selected the correct application type, you can hover over the ‘question mark’ on the right-hand side to see a brief description.
4. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- post the decision to us at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.
I need more help
If you have further questions call SACAT on 1800 723 767 (menu option 4 then option 6).
A staff member from SACAT can also help you complete your application over the phone.