SACAT can review certain decisions made under the South Australian Public Health Act 2011.
Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review the following decisions made by the Chief Public Health Officer:
- an order, requirement or direction of the Chief Public Health Officer
- a notice issued by a relevant authority.
Applying for a review
An application for review must be lodged within 1 month of the decision.
Before applying to SACAT for a review you must:
- have a copy of the decision which you want to challenge – you should include this with your application
- ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application.
1. Start an online application.
2. In the keyword field type the word ‘public health’ as shown below.
3. Scroll down to select the correct application type as per step 3. If you are not sure you have selected the correct application type, you can hover over the ‘question mark’ on the right-hand side to see a brief description.
4. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at email@example.com
- post the decision to us at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.