SACAT can review certain decisions made under the State Lotteries Act 1966.
Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review the following decisions made by the Commissioner for Liquor and Gambling:
- a decision that a ticket in the lottery held by the participant is not a winning ticket.
Applying for a review
An application for review must be made within 1 month of the Commissioner making the decision - or if the decision is published, the date of publication.
Before applying to SACAT for a review of a decision you must:
- have a copy of the decision which you want to challenge – you should include this with your application
- ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application.
1. Start an online application
2. In the keyword field type the word ‘lotteries’ and scroll down to select the correct application type.
3. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at email@example.com
- post the decision to us at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.