SACAT can review certain superannuation decisions made under the following acts:
- Police Superannuation Act 1990
- Public Corporations (Southern Select Super Corporation) Regulations 2012
- Southern State Superannuation Act 2009
- Superannuation Act 1998
Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review decisions made by the:
- South Australian Superannuation Board
- Police Superannuation Board
- Southern Select Super Corporation.
Applying for a review
Generally, an application for review of a decision must be lodged within 3 months from the date you received notice of the decision.
Before applying to SACAT for a review you must:
- have a copy of the decision which you want to challenge – you should include this with your application
- ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application.
1. Start an online application.
2. In the keyword field type the word ‘superannuation’ as shown below.
3. Scroll down to select the correct application type as per step 3. If you are not sure you have selected the correct application type, you can hover over the ‘question mark’ on the right-hand side to see a brief description.
4. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- post the decision to us at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.
Current fees and information about payment methods and fee waiver options
I need more help
If you have further questions call SACAT on 1800 723 767 (menu option 4 then option 5 - for reviews of government decisions).
A staff member from SACAT can also help you complete your application over the phone.