Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review the following decisions of the South Australian Skills Commission:
- a decision in relation to the declaration of a prohibited employer
- a decision to refuse to register or renew a registration, to impose a condition on a registration or to vary, suspend or cancel a registration
- a decision to approve or refuse to approve a substitution of an employer in relation to a training contract
- a decision to refuse an application for recognition of a person’s qualifications or experience
- a decision to refuse an application by a person under 15 years of age to enter into a training contract
- a decision to approve or refuse an application to extend the probationary period for a training contract
Applying for a review
Generally, an application for review of a decision must be lodged:
- within 28 days of receiving notice of the relevant decision
- in special circumstances, the Tribunal may permit you to make an application after this time
Before applying to SACAT for a review you must:
- have a copy of the decision which you want to challenge – you should include this with your application
- ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application.
1. Start an online application.
2. In the keyword field type the word ‘training’ as shown below.
3.Scroll down to select the correct application type as per step 3. If you are not sure you have selected the correct application type, you can hover over the ‘question mark’ on the right-hand side to see a brief description.
4. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at email@example.com
- post the decision to us at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.