SACAT can review certain decisions made under the Agricultural and Veterinary Products (Control of Use) Act 2002.
Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review the following decisions of the Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Development:
- to pay just and reasonable compensation for loss suffered if there were insufficient grounds for making a trade protection order
- to issue a compliance order.
SACAT can also review a decision of an authorised officer to issue an emergency compliance order.
Applying for a review
Generally, an application for review of a decision must be lodged within 28 days from:
- the date the compensation determination was received - or
- the making of the compliance order or variation.
SACAT may allow an extension of time to lodge a review if it believes it is appropriate in the circumstances.
Before applying to SACAT for a review of a decision, you must
- have a copy of the decision or order you want to challenge - you should include this with your application
- ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application.
1. Start an online application.
2. In the keyword field type the word 'Agriculture' as shown below.
3. Scroll down to select the correct application type as per step 3. If you are not sure you have selected the correct application type, you can hover over the ‘question mark’ on the right-hand side to see a brief description.
4. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at email@example.com
- posting the decision to us at GPO BOX 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.
I need more help
If you have further questions call SACAT on 1800 723 767 (menu option 4 then option 5 - for reviews of government decisions)
A staff member from SACAT can also help you complete your application over the phone.