SACAT can review certain decisions made under the Lobbyists Act 2015.
Types of decisions SACAT can review
SACAT can review decisions where:
- a person who applies to be registered as a lobbyist has their application for registration refused
- a lobbyist has their registration cancelled.
SACAT does not deal with complaints made against lobbyists by members of the public or review fines or penalties imposed for breaching the Lobbyists Act 205.
Applying for a review
A request for review of the decision to refuse an application or cancel registration must be lodged within one month of the date of the decision.
Before applying to SACAT for a review of a decision you must:
- make sure the time limit for a review of the decision has not passed
- have a copy of the decision which you want to challenge – you should include this with your application
- ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application.
1. Start an online application
2. In the keyword field type the word ‘Lobbyist’ as shown below and then scroll down to select the correct application type.
3. Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review. You can do this by either:
- uploading a copy of the decision with your online application
- emailing the decision to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- post the decision to us at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
You will need to quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
The filing fee to submit a review with SACAT relating to the registration of lobbyists if $545 or $765 if you are a prescribed corporation.
A prescribed corporation does not include:
- a not-for-profit organisation
- small business (that has less than 20 full-time equivalent employees and is not a subsidiary of a corporation that has 20 or more full-time employees).
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.