SACAT hears and determines disciplinary actions against architects and architectural businesses registered in South Australia under the Architectural Practice Act 2009
What can SACAT do?
Under the Act, SACAT is empowered to:
- reprimand the person
- impose a fine not exceeding $10,000 on the person
- if the person is a registered architect—
- impose conditions on the person's registration restricting the person's right to provide services as an architect
- suspend the person's registration for a period not exceeding 1 year
- cancel the person's registration
- disqualify the person from being registered
- if the person is a body corporate, or a partner in a partnership, that is a registered architectural business—
- suspend the registration of the body corporate or partnership for a period not exceeding 1 year
- cancel the registration of the body corporate or partnership.
Applying for disciplinary action
When applying to SACAT you must be able to:
- identify the legislative provision(s) you rely on
- state and describe the conduct said to justify the disciplinary findings, and identify the relevant legislative provisions relied upon
- identify the facts, acts or omissions alleged to constitute the conduct that justifies the disciplinary finding
- provide any supporting documents
- pay any relevant application fees.
- Start an online application.
- In the keyword field in Step 2 type the word ‘architect’ as shown below and then scroll down to select the correct application type.
If you are not sure if you have selected the correct application type you can hover over the ‘question mark’ on the right-hand side to see a brief description of the application you have selected.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application.
Payment can be made online by credit card at the time of completing the online form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the application form.
I need more help
If you have further questions call SACAT on 1800 723 767 (menu option 4 then option 7 - for disciplinary jurisdiction)
A staff member from SACAT can also help you complete your application over the phone.
SACAT can also review certain decisions made under the Architectural Practice Act 2009.